Springboro Board of Education – Article XVI - Individual Employee Contracts
16.01 Limited Contract Sequence
(a) An employee sewing under a limited contract shall be considered, at the expiration of his/her present limited contract, for a multi-year limited contract, providing the following qualifications have been met:
(1) The employee has served at least three consecutive years under one-year limited contracts.
(2) The employee is recommended on the basis of evaluation for a multi-year contract by the Superintendent.
(3) Nothing herein shall preclude the BOARD from offering the employee a one-year contract on the basis of evaluation.
16.02 Continuing Contracts
(a) At the Expiration of a Limited Contract
If an employee, including employees who have attained continuing contract status elsewhere, becomes eligible for continuing contract status at the expiration of his/her current limited contract, the BOARD may enter into a continuing contract with that employee at the commencement of the School year after the expiration of the employee's limited contract after such employee becomes eligible, provided that:
(1) No employee shall have a right to a continuing contract unless such employee has given notice of his/her desire to be considered for a continuing contract by December 1 of the school year proceeding the school year for which the employee desires the continuing contract.
(b) During Term of Limited Contract
If an employee, including an employee who has attained continuing contract status elsewhere, becomes eligible for continuing contract status before the expiration of his/her current multi-year limited contract, the BOARD may enter into a continuing contract with that employee at the commencement of the school year after the employee becomes eligible; provided that:
(1) the employee notifies the Superintendent, in writing, prior to October first of the school year during which the employee will become eligible for a continuing contract that he/she will be completing his/her requirements and will be eligible for a continuing contract during the term of said limited contract;
(2) the employee meets all requirements for a continuing contract before the start of the new contract and evidence of such achievement is on file with the Superintendent prior to the start of the school year; and
(3) The Superintendent believes that such employee should be issued a continuing contract and so recommends to the Board.
(c) Determinations of the Superintendent and/or the BOARD under this section are not appealable under the Grievance/Arbitration provisions of this AGREEMENT.
(d) Should the employee fail to provide the written notice required by paragraph (a) (1), the Board may issue the employee a one year limited contract.
(e) The provisions of this Article specifically supersede the relevant portions of Ohio Revised Code section 3319.111 and any other conflicting section of the Ohio Revised Code.
16.03 Supplemental Contracts
(a) The supplemental teaching contract tor an extra-duty assignment which grants additional compensation shall be a limited contract and shall be separate from and in addition to the regular teaching contract of any employee.
(b) The supplemental teaching contract shall be for one (1) year and shall automatically expire at the end of the contract year.
(c) Each supplemental teaching contract shall include the specific supplemental agreement; salary and date(s) of payment; and signatures of both parties to the contract and the date of the signing of the contract.
Edit news description to add:
- Historical context: how the event or text affects the world and history
- An explanation of the work's overall story (example: "Here, President Obama confirms the legality of drone strikes...")
- The work's impact on current issues